1/22/2012

Sequin & Sportswear

Here we go again, sorry for being absent these last two weeks, but I've been at school, so you know... (homework, witchcrafts, sleeping, people...), but nevermind because I'm here posting again about my stuff.
Here there are some "outfits".

Are some girl-band inspired looks that I drawed, just for fun, and because I had to materialize my dream of being a rockstar, and own a band as the Runaways, Hole or Siouxie and the bangshees, with that look of yelling: "hey guys we're going to beat you"
Actually I get the main sources of  inspiration from music such as from the group Hole or specifically artists like Angus Young from the group AC/DC (I use to imagine myself as female version of him) And the graphic of the sweater is from the cover of the new EP from theWavves.


This group has a weird music style, not very usual, (noise pop- surf pop - distorted punk) but sounds great. Yeah, I know, I haven't said too much about them but you got to hear them.
I also had inspirational vibes from world of fashion, specially this time, I felt an special preference for Ashish Gupta. Ashish's style is how he says : "Sequin, glamour, sportswear and more sequins". He has such a creative and inspirational style, wich I really admire, and he figures in my "Favourite Designers list" with Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, and Mathew Williamson. Don't worry fellas there are more designers in my list (close to fifty). Here are some of my favourite outfits.

                            




Ha, ha, I love the sequin jacket backwards










Catwalk pictures from: londonfashionweek.co.uk.
Get the vibes, my friends:


Picture from the film Ghost World
source:FySky Ferreira
Lana Del Rey




Two last pics are from a magazine's interview, about Elle Faning

No comments:

Post a Comment